Wednesday 7 November 2012

handmade fonts

I made a furry font in adobe photoshop which was inspired by handmade font . This was made by using a brush in photoshop which looked like grass. I had to copy the strip of grass I had created and rotate it so the grass strokes would be facing different directions and move them around and layer them so the letter underneath was totally covered. 

I made a pin and thread font by hand which was inspired by the work of Debbie Smyth. I placed pins into some polystyrene and started to contsruct my H using a bold font. Once I'd done this I wove the black string round the pins so the outline of my letter was clear & bold. If I was to do this again I would wind the string round more times so the letter would stand out more, I could also wind the string round different pins to create a pattern inside the letter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment